Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What happened on Monday?

What a packed day! I was practically running around place to place so that I could attend all of the events I wanted to....clearly, there's not enough time in the day. But then again, I don't know if it would be a good thing if the days were any longer than they already are, I'm exhausted

The ethnic caucuses were today, so I was able to go to the Asian American Caucus at te Convention Center. There were many elected officials that came by and the one leading the charge is Congressman Mike Honda (CA 15th District - Silicon Valley area). The picture to the left are all of the Asian American elected officials that attended the caucus.

As you can see from the photos below, it was the first night of the convention proceedings! We took shuttle rides out to the Pepsi Center and I was absolutely mesmerized by the arena. My photos just can't seem to capture all of the details, the technology and visual effects were unbelievable. There were so many recognizable people in the hallways too. From walking by many elected officials, like Senator Kucinich, Kerry, and Congressman Miller to tv and radio personalities, they were everywhere. I guess it's not that big of a deal though, they are everyday people after all.

As far as the parties go, there were many to choose from. We actually missed the first two because it took awhile to get back to the hotel after the convention proceedings and I wanted to rest a bit. We made it out to David Axelrod's party and that was definitely fun. A bunch of us needed food since we didn't have time to eat and ended up at a place that was closing down, but they kept it open for us and we took over the top floor. It was pretty neat.

Ok, the CA delegation breakfast is over now. But before I go, I wanted to let y'all know that today is the anniversary of women's suffrage. On August 26, 1920, women were granted the right to vote with the passage of the 19th amendment. There was a photo taken this morning of all of the women elected officials, this is a monumental day! Now I'm on my way to the womens' caucus :)

No comments: