Monday, August 25, 2008

Have to find time to blog...

The day is more than half way done and I haven't had a chance to blog until now. I'm on the shuttle to the Pepsi Center to sit through the first day of convention proceedings and even though I'm already exhausted, I'm super excited!

This morning's delegation meeting was a great way to start the day. We had all sorts of elected officials join us and I have to say, after hearing and seeing everyone at the breakfast, I am a proud member of the CA delegation. There were numerous references to diversity throughout the morning - we are the largest and most diverse delegation and we have the most diverse congressional representation. Even with such huge strides, I believe we still have more work to do. I look forward to the day when there are more young people and people of color that are not only taking an active role in the political process, but that they are also involved in the leadership and decision making.

I'm now inside and just saw kucinich and will.i.am...more updates to come!

No comments: