Monday, August 25, 2008

what a day...


so I don't even know where to begin...once I landed in Denver, everything kinda happened really fast. Once we got to the hotel, we checked in and registered and I got two big bags - one from the Democratic National Committee and one from the California Democratic Party. I actually haven't been able to go through everything, but apparently there's a bunch of free stuff, including mac & cheese shaped in elephants.

Then we went to the Asian American Pacific Islander Summit at the Colorado Convention Center. It was such a great reunion! Frank Aum was kind enough to help arrange the Korean American media and I learned that I'm the only Korean delegate from California...out of about 343 delegates, I'm the only one. I'm both kinda sad and really proud that I've had the opportunity to be here representing my community. I met a woman with a really great bag today too, take a look at the photo.

Then, we went to two parties tonight. Chairman Howard Dean's "Friends of New Orleans" All Delegate Celebration. We got a bunch of tickets so we could share them with our friends here in Denver, that was quite the escapade. The parties were great - great food, great music, great friends :)

oh yeah, I was really fortunate because Rebecca Prozan (CD 8 delegate) gave us the "in" to take a photo with Speaker Nancy Pelosi too.

definitely time to sleep...I'm wiped out, on to the next day!

No comments: